Thursday, December 6, 2012

Let there be love

I’m a huge fan of the NBC singing competition The Voice. On a recent episode, Coach Christina Aguilera, along with her team, sang a new song from her album Lotus. Her team at this time consisted of Dez Duron, one of my
favorites, and Sylvia Yacoub, another very talented competitor. The first time I watched these 3 perform the song; I was very excited because Dez Duron is a very attractive young man and I love Christina Aguilera. I wasn’t paying attention to the words of the song at all. All I knew was the song was very catchy, it made me want to dance and I really liked it. The performance on the show was very extravagant; there were pyrotechnics, a ton of back up dancers, and the crowd was very excited, as was I. After seeing a tweet about how inappropriate the song was, I decided to go back and listen to the words.

"Awoooo, like that. Yeah it feels so good that I can’t hold back. Like that, Hit the right spot, making my eyes roll back. Let there be let there be love, here in the, here in the dark. Turning me, turning me on. Not gonna fight anymore cause I want your touch.”

Agreed, the song is inappropriate, but it’s still very catchy. Christina is her usual self, adlibbing, reaching notes the normal person probably couldn’t, and being very passionate about what she’s singing. The song is very upbeat, like one you would hear in a club, and will be stuck in your head for a good length of time after you listen to it. I like that Christina performed this song with her team on The Voice because the song, which was fun to see performed on TV, is one that would be very fun to see live. Christina is using the song to promote her new album and I think it was a great choice.

(327)

No comments:

Post a Comment