Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gettin old

The end of April always drags on forever, it seems. The end of the school year is approaching, weather gets more and more summery each day, and my birthday is a matter of a few days away. Some people feel birthdays are pointless and unimportant but I disagree completely. Because I’m the youngest person in my class, my birthday is exciting. Especially this coming up birthday because I, the baby among my friends and peers, will be turning the big ONE SIX in just eleven days.

Turning sixteen is a big deal for me. The best part of being 16 is getting my intermediate driver’s license. No longer will I have to find rides to work and gatherings with my friends. No longer will I be the “wittle bebe” who can drive to and from school and school events in my district. Finally, I will be free to drive wherever I need to go between 5 am and 12:30 am. To some people, driving is an everyday thing that isn’t important to them. To me, this freedom is going to be a huge privilege to have.
(186)

No comments:

Post a Comment