Friday, April 19, 2013

I'm a girl with lovely dreams


The first car I ever drove was a 1997 Ford Explorer. Preceding that, I drove tractors for my grandpa an uncountable number of times. I'm not sure if this is the reason I love SUVs now or not. Whatever the reason is doesn't matter. All I know is, mark my words, I will own a Range Rover. At this point in time, my dream model is a 2013 Sport Supercharged V8 S/C 5.0L. This is one sexy piece of automobile and I can't wait to get my hands on that precious, black, leather steering wheel. I can't wait to get control of my dream SUV. I can't wait to be the car on the road that people gasp at when it passes them and I especially can't wait to say I've done enough in my life to afford and own an 85 thousand dollar car. The 85k for this sexy thang doesn't even include taxes, registration, or insurance but honestly, I don't care. My baby will be white. Shining... glistening... white. The interior will be white. White seats, white center counsel, white white white. The only things that won't be white will be the wheels, the front bumper, and the interior trimmings including the steering wheel and gear shift.

Beyond a gorgeous, luxurious SUV is my dream sports car. A black 2013 Audi A7. This beautiful baby has a base cost of $66,150. After I customized this pretty piece of metal to meet all of my expectations, I ended with a grand total of $76,745. Again, that doesn't include taxes, registration, or insurance. Again, I don't really care. In order to contrast my SUV, the exterior is shiny black and the interior consists of velvet beige leather. Don't forget the "Innovation Package" which is a collection of driver assistance. The head-up display shows a digital read out of the road ahead on the windshield so your eyes stay on the road. Night vision assistance alerts you of pedestrians within 300 feet of the car. The corner camera assists the driver in parking and also monitors the drivers blind spot to ensure no trouble when executing a lane change. Audi side assist prevents accidents caused by blind spot trouble and adaptive cruise control can maintain a preset distance from the car in front of the Audi. Last, Audi pre sense plus kicks in if an accident seems unavoidable. Pre sense plus protects passengers of the Audi by pretensioning the seat belts, boosting brake pressure, and shutting the windows and sunroof. How perfect is that

Now the question arises: why does one dream of something so materialistic, expensive, and luxurious when a much cheaper item can execute the same things? My answer? I like pretty things that impress other people. Another answer is if you have the money to spend, why not spend it? No matter what the reason, it is nice to own things that other people want. It's nice to get compliments on your possessions. For me, it will be extremely satisfying to say “I worked hard, was successful, and I finally own my dream cars.”

(517)

No comments:

Post a Comment