Sunday, September 23, 2012

Irritating E.R. Workers

It's Sunday night and instead of being at home in the warmth of my twin bed I have found myself waiting in the emergency room. As I walked in, cringing from pain, I still had a smile on my face. My smile grew when I spotted Ananya (http://lifespoon.blogspot.com) at the check-in desk. As I frantically finished my Dairy Queen, Ananya led me into the triage room where I encountered the most HORRIFIC lady ever. As we all know, I'm hilarious. Don't try to fight it because I am. I know for a fact that I can make people smile easily which is why I'm so irritated by this lady in triage. I understand it's 9:30 pm on a Sunday and I can assure you I don't want to be here any more than you do but you have no reason to be rude to me and you should certainly laugh at my entirely natural charm.

I am often hurt both physically and emotionally but I still try to smile and make people happy. So when Mrs. Triage lady asked me if I was allergic to anything other than the "medications listed here" I obviously had to respond with "I sure hope not." and a smile. C'mon folks, thats funny. You know it's funny, I know it's funny, my mom knew it was funny but Mrs. Triage was not havin' it.* Don't worry lady, I hate this shit too.

My doctor is no better at all. He is telling me a ton of stuff I already know. "Take everything you're wearing off of your top half. Gown goes on with the pocket in front. Leave the back open." Okay dude. I get it. It's not like I've never been here before, I know the God damn drill. I'm seriously so happy despite the stabbing pain in my back and lungs, and this douchebag won't crack a smile when I say something cute. Seriously, I'm such a bubbly person and these assholes are really harshing my mood.

*Not havin' it: it's not okay with the person or the person is not taking any bullshit

(352)

2 comments:

  1. I seriously adore this. And also you looked fantastic in your hospital gown. Have you considered medical modeling...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Surprisingly,however, I have not considered medical modeling... I think your comment was the boost I needed. Looking into it now...

      Delete