Sunday, September 16, 2012

Relationships ruining Friendships

High school consists of teenage girls "falling in love" with hunky boys and getting hurt. The same goes for best friends getting in fights because one got a new boyfriend. I hate that I know about this first hand, but I'm not the only high schooler affected by the "first love effect."

High school has a funny way of working things out. Girls get self concious because of peers and models in magazines while boys get cocky and obnoxiously confident. Insecure girls dont trust other girls around their boyfriends and boys think they can get any girl.

A recent experience with a "best friend" brought to my attention how relationships can ruin friendships. I have been friends with the boy in this story for over 4 years. The girl in the story has known him for 3 years and I've known her for a little less than a year. When the boy and I hang out, the girl gets upset, calls the boy continually and bothers him the entire night. The girl, even though we were supposedly "best friends" doesn't trust me around her boyfriend. It's because of this that I can no longer talk to my guy friend of over 4 years and I'm no longer friends with this girl either.

Unfortunately, I've witnessed long friendships be destroyed because one of the parties gets a significant other. I cannot express how bad it hurts me to watch friends fight because of a boyfriend or girlfriend. Chances are you and your high school significant other are not gonna last as long as you hope. Your best friend is always gonna be there for you unless you give them a reason not to. Don't let that reason be a boyfriend or girlfriend. You will regret it when you're no longer with that boyfriend or girlfriend and you're left with only few friends.

(311)

No comments:

Post a Comment